Fluid engine is trash

• 5 months later...

hello everyone, I read carefully all your comments, I agree, I am designing my website with one of the templates of Squarespace and when I scale down the browser it doesn't keep the padding between elements, which looks bad, and is not the expected behaviour, am I doing something wrong? see the link

https://app.screencast.com/YLXOVlYkG9Hse

I would appreciate if someone found a solution for this,

thanks in advance!

I agree 100% with the complaints here. Why aren't they fixing it???? Responsiveness + consistency is EVERYTHING, and Fluid is not there yet.

I have spent too much time trying to make Fluid work properly: tutorials, code, research, and testing. I've given up. Live chat support has always been great but has been useless for this. One thing I do suggest is that you try to use both classic and fluid sections mixed on the same site. Fluid seems okay for specific sections, so I have been alternating and testing it. Good luck all.

• 1 month later...

I now formally announce it's called CLUNKY-ENGINE! This so-called 'Fluid engine' is far from that and it's been DRIVING MISS DAISY! Wow, what a head fluff and time waster. The fact that SS support has told me on countless occasions that the mobile version won't change the desktop version.... Bahahaha. I thought I was going crazy.

I need to smoke a big joint after reading this forum and feel somewhat of a relief and anger at the same time that it was not just me &  yet the owner of SS has $2.4 billion.... Meh!

I'm jumping ship, throwing my Mac in the ocean, and going to live on an island... Goodbye

I am making some simple updates to my site and selected the option to "upgrade" to Fluid. OMG what a freaking mess my page has become. Also, why cannot move a form from one section to another. You can't drag it and you can't copy/paste it! This is probably the worst editor I have ever used and this is coming from someone who has lived through the Wordpress Gutenberg nightmare. Who at Squarespace thinks this is a good product. I am considering moving my suite of sites off to another platform when my customers ask for updates because this is, no joke, the worst experience I've had editing a website.

• 1 month later...

I can't express how much I hate fluid engine. Nonstop formatting issues of sections resizing on their own and the editing buttons showing up too low on the page and then disappearing when I try to select them. I literally have to delete my home page and start from scratch with the old version. HATE FLUID ENGINE!

• 3 weeks later...

Just an absolute disgrace. But to make matters worse, they literally don't care.  None of the reps care, management doesn't care, no-one is doing anything to solve the major issues.  Why fix what wasn't broken. This is going to hurt their business.  Such a shame.