Making a inventory item private

Site URL: https://www.barras-blades.com/shop-front/p/penny-purchase-order

The basis of my company is that people send me a "something" or a collection of "somethings"

I then sharpen these and then send out a cost for sharpening them if the customer hasn't told me what they are sending or if the cost is unknown as it is a repair

To make this slightly easier I have a repair placeholder which creates an order number eg order 00069

To get an invoice out to the customer i must step outside the world of squarespace and either use my accounting software or stripe to send them an invoice

In an effort to make life even easier i would like to send them a link to an inventory item on my website that is for example order 00069 with a few pics if needed as well as a description of what was done

however i don't want this to be hanging around on my shop front page so is there a way of having items hidden from the general public but still useable if i send a direct link to the customer

SS isn't really set up for this kind of scenario as there is no way to guarantee that a "hidden" item won't be seen by someone else.

However if you're willing to live with the, it might be seen by someone else scenario, you can create a second Store page. Create the second store page in the Not Linked area of Pages. Then create your products. Give out the URL for a product. You'll have to spend some time masking out the bits of the site that allow navigation to the store listing. Keeping in mind that you can't prevent someone from getting to it manually. I.e. If you have /store/p/myproduct then user can just type in /store in address bar to see listing.

It's really kind of messy to try and bend SS to do something is wasn't designed for.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.