How to launch my pre-launch page with email sign up while hiding rest of site while it's finished?

Site URL: https://peptide.courses

I want to set up a pre-launch page to start driving traffic to my site to start list building. How do I launch a 1 pager with email collection while hiding the rest of my site? Note: my site header/nav bar has links all around the site that are not completed. Can I create a second version of the nav bar for the pre-launch page? If so how without deleting the work I've already done.  

• Replies 4
  • Views 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's just one page,  you shouldn't need any navigation links!?  Your site is password protected so I couldn't look at your website.  If you want to share the password we can take a look and that might make things more clear.

You can move all the other pages into the Not Linked section and then when you are ready to have those pages go live, move them back up into the Linked section and they'll be back in the navigation.

You can also hide the header and footer with some custom CSS.   The collection id is the pre-launch page id.

#collection-6250..... { .header, #footer-sections {display:none !important;}}

That's super helpful. I figured it was something along the lines of unlinking the rest - but the nav bar threw me off. PW is now ORANGE#1

The site is still being worked on but I want to have a 1 pager with pre-launch hype content & email collection. 

I'm concerned it going live will allow folks to find the other half finished pages even without the nav bar (ex.they can just type in webite.com/articles to find all the half finished articles). Is that valid? 

Thanks for your help so far! 

Shit. So I went and edited a new unlinked page thinking it wouldn't effect the whole site .....  and I deleted my entire footer design. Guess I can't get THAT back 😕

That was a bad move. I contacted the template maker to see how I can insert it back in since it was ... code.

If you have any suggestions there that would be amazing. Either way - I haven't done much CSS work so not sure where to edit/insert that code. I need to hide the header from the pre-launch page. The footer (since I misunderstood what you said and deleted that already) is gone already.. 

Edited by WellAccel