Cart Page - CANNOT change anything. Font / Color, etc.

Go to solution Solved by creedon,

Site URL: https://www.dustin.land/prints2

Hello!

I am having a lot of issues trying to edit anything on the cart page. Sadly no CSS is working. I'd like to change the font on the title / description / button, etc... 

Not sure why this is. I've never encountered issues using CSS to address / change anything.

Any help is welcomed!

Thank you!

The cart page is a strange and wonderful beast. If you are trying to use CSS you find posted here in the forums and it's older than a couple of months, it's probably out of date. A while back SS started using dynamically generated class names that would change often and would break custom CSS. It was a painful time. SS finally added some semantic classes that folks could target for the most common elements they want to style.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

1 hour ago, creedon said:

The cart page is a strange and wonderful beast. If you are trying to use CSS you find posted here in the forums and it's older than a couple of months, it's probably out of date. A while back SS started using dynamically generated class names that would change often and would break custom CSS. It was a painful time. SS finally added some semantic classes that folks could target for the most common elements they want to style.

Hey there! Thanks for the info. Sadly, I've tried just about every SS form article and others online and none have any info to assist. SS has become such a hodge-podge of settings and lack of basic customizations these days. Beyond frustrating.

• Solution

If it's the cart here is some CSS to get you started. Add the following to Design > Custom CSS.

#cart .cart-row-title,
#cart .cart-row-desc,
#cart .cart-row-price,
#cart .cart-checkout-button

{

font-family : monospace;

}

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

The default serif typeface is what I am trying to change to the font im using on the rest of my site (Nav links show the font i'm trying to use)

attached

Screenshot 2022-05-09 210911.jpg

Edited by DustinWilliam

Ahh, I see now. The editor does not display the font - It appears off of the editor. Very odd! hard to know what's working this way. Well, that fixes it! Thanks so much fo ryour time and help!