Category text cropping in Mobile view & How to make subcategories

Go to solution Solved by Beyondspace,

Site URL: https://www.gatheredbyart.com/

Hello! 🙂

I come to a problem in mobile view. It seems that the text is cropped and is not showing all the categories. 901017761_Screenshot2022-03-22155213.png.7c3a133fee1b61c710f80c5b7fb732ec.png

I used this code and it made the products 2 per row, which is good, but the text is cropped

@media screen and ( max-width: 575px) {.products.collection-content-wrapper .nested-category-children {
  overflow-x: unset !important;
  justify-content: center;
  }
}

If I eliminate code, the products will be put in 1 per row and the categories will have a horizontal scrollbar. Which both I don't want. I wanna still have my products 2 per row and for the categories to show all without a horizontal scrollbar. Is there a code that can help me?

---------

On another note, can I make a sidebar menu (for both mobile and desktop view) likes this490255988_Screenshot2022-03-23133938.png.c7e7ad89fe047422ea7d2f23a3eaffa2.png

But every page of the categories the subcategories changes. Ex: When you press "Art on wall" the categories will be "Orientation", "Material" etc. but when you go to "Art on bodies" the categories will change to "Bracelets", "Earrings" etc. It will help me a lot if someone can help me on this one. Thanks!

Edited by GatheredByArt
  • GatheredByArt changed the title to Category text cropping in Mobile view & How to make subcategories
  • Solution
On 3/24/2022 at 3:40 AM, GatheredByArt said:

Site URL: https://www.gatheredbyart.com/

Hello! 🙂

I come to a problem in mobile view. It seems that the text is cropped and is not showing all the categories. 901017761_Screenshot2022-03-22155213.png.7c3a133fee1b61c710f80c5b7fb732ec.png

I used this code and it made the products 2 per row, which is good, but the text is cropped

@media screen and ( max-width: 575px) {.products.collection-content-wrapper .nested-category-children {
  overflow-x: unset !important;
  justify-content: center;
  }
}

If I eliminate code, the products will be put in 1 per row and the categories will have a horizontal scrollbar. Which both I don't want. I wanna still have my products 2 per row and for the categories to show all without a horizontal scrollbar. Is there a code that can help me?

---------

On another note, can I make a sidebar menu (for both mobile and desktop view) likes this490255988_Screenshot2022-03-23133938.png.c7e7ad89fe047422ea7d2f23a3eaffa2.png

But every page of the categories the subcategories changes. Ex: When you press "Art on wall" the categories will be "Orientation", "Material" etc. but when you go to "Art on bodies" the categories will change to "Bracelets", "Earrings" etc. It will help me a lot if someone can help me on this one. Thanks!

For mobile display, kindly try

@media only screen and (max-width: 767px) {
  .nested-category-children {
    flex-wrap: wrap !important;
  }
}

Let me know how it works on your site

Support me by pressing 👍 if this useful for you

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

• 1 year later...
On 3/25/2022 at 2:05 PM, Beyondspace said:

For mobile display, kindly try

@media only screen and (max-width: 767px) {
  .nested-category-children {
    flex-wrap: wrap !important;
  }
}

Let me know how it works on your site

Support me by pressing 👍 if this useful for you

Hello! I tried this and works well.

However, I would love for mobile, to show these category titles centred, with 3 on the first row, and 2 on the second row, with slightly more space between the 2 rows. If anyone knows how to would appreciate it.

the website is : https://www.mignonboutique.uk/shop

Regards, Lisa