• Replies 3
  • Views 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi there.

You probably missed this which is why you are not seeing the results you expect.
https://developers.google.com/search/blog/2021/08/update-to-generating-page-titles

By doing this it provides Google Ads advertisers with a way to make their adverts stand out because they can include keywords in the heading and therefore as it is shown that keywords in the Blue text on a page of results leads to more click-through I hope the driving force behind these changes are clear 🙂

We provide digital marketing services for businesses that need exposure/sales from search and social media networks. We also build incredibly fast and well optimised multi-language Square Space websites.
Digital Marketing | Marketing Digitale

5 hours ago, GlynMusica said:

Hi there.

You probably missed this which is why you are not seeing the results you expect.
https://developers.google.com/search/blog/2021/08/update-to-generating-page-titles

By doing this it provides Google Ads advertisers with a way to make their adverts stand out because they can include keywords in the heading and therefore as it is shown that keywords in the Blue text on a page of results leads to more click-through I hope the driving force behind these changes are clear 🙂

Hi Glyn,

Thank you for the reply and yes I missed that update, it makes sense what the document is saying however how would I get google to take exactly what I am saying and use that for the page title? would i need to change it? to align with the latest version of google?

Kind regards Jake

That's the point, you can't.

If you do some analysis on the SERPS you will see that by and large Google is taking the first line of text if inside an H Tag, but as the goal here is to drive clicks to paid-ads where you can put in keywords, I do believe whack-a-mole is what you will end up playing. Happy hunting.

We provide digital marketing services for businesses that need exposure/sales from search and social media networks. We also build incredibly fast and well optimised multi-language Square Space websites.
Digital Marketing | Marketing Digitale