Feedback on designer portfolio

Site URL: https://www.kerollosjalal.com

Hello everyone!

I would appreciate if you took a couple of minutes to give me some feedback on my portfolio website! The problem I'm facing is that this site was at first was only meant for my Industrial design work, now that I'm studying UX/UI design I'll have to show that as well. How can I show both and give the impression that I really love both, which I do!

What I now about portfolios is that, if there is to much going on, the recruiter will just lose interest because the site isn't clear enough. 

Thanks in advance!

Hey Kerollos!

Love the creamsicle color scheme and how clean the site looks. I've had a similar issue highlighting multiple skill sets on the same website - you might consider having separate portfolios for your industrial design work and your UX/UI work if you've got enough projects to do that. At present, I'm not sure what the difference between "Projects" and "Work" is, so dividing by design type might be a good way to clarify.

Additionally, you can put both up front. Especially as this is a design portfolio, I think you might benefit from a site logo rather than text, which allows you to 1) brand, 2) show off your design skills, and 3) define your identity. (I use my current website for my acting, music, and writing - a previous iteration also included graphic design work. The design work is still buried on my site, but my "identity" as an actor/musician/writer is at the front.)

Also on your about page (check the SEO name btw, it's currently displaying as "About 4"), it's a bit tough to read the text with that animation behind it. I'm guessing that's an image card? Maybe give it a background. And the text in the sub-pages for "Work" have a lot of strategic bolding that I think is a bit tough to read as well. I myself am visually impaired so take this as you will, but there are lots of people with visual impairments out there and I think it kind to make efforts towards accessibility. 

Hope this helps!

On 3/16/2022 at 5:05 PM, priorpriorwalter said:

Hey Kerollos!

Love the creamsicle color scheme and how clean the site looks. I've had a similar issue highlighting multiple skill sets on the same website - you might consider having separate portfolios for your industrial design work and your UX/UI work if you've got enough projects to do that. At present, I'm not sure what the difference between "Projects" and "Work" is, so dividing by design type might be a good way to clarify.

Additionally, you can put both up front. Especially as this is a design portfolio, I think you might benefit from a site logo rather than text, which allows you to 1) brand, 2) show off your design skills, and 3) define your identity. (I use my current website for my acting, music, and writing - a previous iteration also included graphic design work. The design work is still buried on my site, but my "identity" as an actor/musician/writer is at the front.)

Also on your about page (check the SEO name btw, it's currently displaying as "About 4"), it's a bit tough to read the text with that animation behind it. I'm guessing that's an image card? Maybe give it a background. And the text in the sub-pages for "Work" have a lot of strategic bolding that I think is a bit tough to read as well. I myself am visually impaired so take this as you will, but there are lots of people with visual impairments out there and I think it kind to make efforts towards accessibility. 

Hope this helps!

Thank you Anna for your feedback!

Two portfolios will be too much. But to make one clean is pretty hard... "work" is like other cool stuff that I didn't find the right name for which I'm considering deleting. 😕

Site logo? like my own personal trademark or my design logo? instead of my name at the top? That is the problem when one is multi-talented haha 

Oh yeah, I realized that too, it's was a very cool feature but like you said is annoying. I've changed that now.

Thank you very much yet again Anna!

Hi Kerollos, 

How about dividing your home page into two columns with project images that represent the two design types and links to those pages. These can also be represented in the top navigation.

You can break up the space between your hero image and two column category images with a short brief about those two industries and why you are attracted to them. 

Then place a 'cool stuff' image below the two columns to take them there or just keep in the top nav.

Looking good otherwise.

On 3/22/2022 at 3:11 AM, WebContentSD said:

Hi Kerollos, 

How about dividing your home page into two columns with project images that represent the two design types and links to those pages. These can also be represented in the top navigation.

You can break up the space between your hero image and two column category images with a short brief about those two industries and why you are attracted to them. 

Then place a 'cool stuff' image below the two columns to take them there or just keep in the top nav.

Looking good otherwise.

Hello Web!

Thank you for your feedback! Some changes have happened sense last time. The main page has now to categories with the different projects underneath to make it easier for the visitor to find which type of design projects they're looking for! 

You can take a new look at it if you like and see if that works? I hope it does!

Take care