Concerts and Performing Arts Ticket Sales

Hi all, I'm pretty new around here. I'm building a small non-profit community performing arts site where they will need to sell tickets to events. Currently they use WooCommerce on their old WordPress site. However, they are dead set on creating and rebranding their site here on SquareSpace. Does anyone have any advice about how best to go about handling ticket sales? I've look at Tock but that doesn't seem to fit. I've read about 3rd part integrations like Zapier to link up WooCommerce but that seems overly complicated and an additional cost for them. Any suggestions? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Views 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there,

we are about to launch a similar shop. We use Squarespace E-Commerce to do so, and add our tickets for events as Service Products. This allows us to set a numerical limit in the inventory (as opposed to "Digital Products") and use the standard E-Commerce payment process via PayPal and stripe. The only downside is that we cannot send automated E-Tickets (e.g. as PDF) per mail to the user. For us the default mail notifications are sufficient to inform the user about their order; ticket validation on site happens via name/mail and order number. You do have to check your country's law on shop guidelines, privacy policy and necessity for invoices of course.

I hope this can help to get you started. If you have any questions, feel free to reply. If your customer needs a WooCommerce integration though, I unfortunately have no experience with that.

Best regards
Julian