Removing dates from blog posts

Go to solution Solved by tuanphan,

• 1 year later...

This does not work for me at all sadly. I've been through all the removing blog date posts, tried the CSS code and in the page header and nothing removes these dates ever since the switch to 7.  It's a huge time waster for me and I'm frustrated. Any suggestions?  

With the new templates - which is TERRIBLE that you can't switch templates now - I can't even see which template I'm in, much less change it.  These changes have been awful for me. Used to love Squarespace and now thinking of going back to wordpress unless I can get these dates off... 

https://www.youaresuchagoodboy.com/blog

Not happy... 

Hey @angelashelton - no need for code here! You can just toggle that metadata off so it won't display and on the individual post, toggle off "show date"

I attached two screenshots to help.

I also want to mention that we can't switch templates in 7.1 because you don't need to! Unlike the theme families we used to work with in version 7 (Brine, Bedford, Pacific, York, Etc) All of the 7.1 sites have the exact same features and functionality.

Now there definitely is a bit of learning curve BUT the good news is that if you want to recreate something you see in a different 7.1 template, you can, without having to switch over anything! The page types, premade sections, and the Fluid engine & auto layouts are all the same.

show date.png

meta none.png

🤓 Creator of InsideTheSquare.co
SQUARESPACE CIRCLE LEADER SQUARESPACE EXPERT SQUARESPACE EMPLOYEE EDUCATOR CERTIFIED CUSTOM CODE EXPERT

🗺️ New to Squarespace? Get your free roadmap: insidethesquare.co/roadmap
🙋‍♀️ New to CSS? Learn the basics for free: insidethesquare.co/learn
️ Ready to go pro? Get my custom code collection: insidethesquare.co/css

BeccaHarpain.gif.236d6ddd88c7d637645b762799f501a8.gif