Custom form doesn't show up on product page

Go to solution Solved by creedon,

Just to be clear. There are two kinds of forms you can add to a product page.

A custom form which you add through the product editor. That pops when you click the ATC button. The information from this form rides along with the order. If you set a required field and it is not filled out that prevents the product being added to the cart. These forms are great for gathering extra info like adding custom text to a cake or engraved product.

You can also add form blocks to the additional info area in the product editor. Those are like normal forms. The info does not ride along with the order. It travels via the usual form storage methods ( email, MailChimp, Zapier, or Google Drive ) and is not connected to an order. Also you can not by default force the form to be filled before a product is added to the cart.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

2 hours ago, creedon said:

Just to be clear. There are two kinds of forms you can add to a product page.

A custom form which you add through the product editor. That pops when you click the ATC button. The information from this form rides along with the order. If you set a required field and it is not filled out that prevents the product being added to the cart. These forms are great for gathering extra info like adding custom text to a cake or engraved product.

You can also add form blocks to the additional info area in the product editor. Those are like normal forms. The info does not ride along with the order. It travels via the usual form storage methods ( email, MailChimp, Zapier, or Google Drive ) and is not connected to an order. Also you can not by default force the form to be filled before a product is added to the cart.

Yeah, thanks.  I figured that out finally.  Got this working a bit ago and even added a file upload button using sqs form uploader: Custom Carved wood signs — Pale Moon Ranch.  Sqs is tricky to use in 7.1 one but I got it figured out.  I appreciate your help! 

Edited by jerry-watkins