Can't change product description color

• 6 months later...
9 hours ago, nathan said:

I'm having a similar issue where product description appears blue even though product description is set to white in the Site Styles.

I tried the CSS snippet recommended above without success.

See: https://wscdev.squarespace.com/tom-hyde-photography/p/mother-giraffe-calf

When you edit text block, it has an option to change text color. I guess you used that option. Try checking again

Or add this to Design > Custom CSS to override it

/* product description color */
.pdp-details-excerpt * {
    color: white !important;
}

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

same issue here.  None of the custom css mentioned above work for me.  It's not a text block so I can't change the color without changing the site style. as you can see in the picture I have selected the product description in site styles, which shows the setting to be white, and yet it is not.  

IMG_3594 copy.jpg

Edited by bp27

Looks like it may be a weird glitch.  I noticed it was the correct color in some of my other products.  this is weird but I deleted and added the same text and now it's fine.  It may be because I copied the text from a word document and that format is acting silly.  Try messing with your text, delete everything and type it all in again.  sometimes when I refreshed it worked when I crossed my fingers and sometimes it didn't, so how my fingers are arranged may not be what it is either. 

Edited by bp27
On 5/11/2022 at 1:01 AM, tuanphan said:

When you edit text block, it has an option to change text color. I guess you used that option. Try checking again

Or add this to Design > Custom CSS to override it

.pdp-details-excerpt * {
}

Thanks @tuanphan, but the description text in product editor does not have a color option.

And the site styles for this page is set to white. In fact, changing the color of product detail on the site style has no effect.

I had tried changing .pdp-details-excerpt and it didn't work, but adding the !important with the asterisk did work!

Thank you.

Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 1.17.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 1.19.19 PM.png

On 5/11/2022 at 11:42 AM, bp27 said:

Looks like it may be a weird glitch.  I noticed it was the correct color in some of my other products.  this is weird but I deleted and added the same text and now it's fine.  It may be because I copied the text from a word document and that format is acting silly.  Try messing with your text, delete everything and type it all in again.  sometimes when I refreshed it worked when I crossed my fingers and sometimes it didn't, so how my fingers are arranged may not be what it is either. 

@bp27, I think you're on to it. I didn't realize it until you mentioned that, but the spreadsheet I was copying the text from did have a slightly off-black color. Deleting the text and pasting as plain text fixed the problem for that product.

I'll use @tuanphan's recommendation as a quick fix, but will fix the description for each product in this way. I will also submit this as a bug to Squarespace. It may be helpful if you do as well.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone else had any luck? I have the exact same problem of Site Styles saying my description is white but it's still black. I used the code suggested -

.pdp-details-excerpt * {
}

but it still hasn't worked!

EDIT : I did what others suggested and deleted and retyped my description and it worked a gem - thank you!!

Edited by CassieJaneB
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I've just had this exact issue and its been driving me round the bend.  I'd copied some text from an old website and it contained a single word in coloured text.  This was enough to cause the problem.  All I did to resolve it was cut the text out of the product description and paste it as plain text.  Problem solved!