7.1: Header size & logo size, and SVG / PNG over background image?

Hi all -

I'm not sure if this requires creating/editing CSS - would rather avoid that if possible - but 2 things I'm trying to figure out if possible:

1) I want more space on my homepage for the header logo, or, a way to make the logo wider. It seems to be limited to 1200px & 30% of the header width.

2) Is there a way to add & center a logo or image over a background image?

BONUS QUESTION 🙂 :  Can I add a color/background to my site header or other sections without it being applied to other page sections? (This seems to be mentioned in the 7.1 guide, but I haven't found the exact method to do this.

thanks!

Edited by oandroido
  • oandroido changed the title to 7.1: Header size & logo size, and SVG / PNG over background image?
12 hours ago, oandroido said:

Hi all -

I'm not sure if this requires creating/editing CSS - would rather avoid that if possible - but 2 things I'm trying to figure out if possible:

1) I want more space on my homepage for the header logo, or, a way to make the logo wider. It seems to be limited to 1200px & 30% of the header width.

2) Is there a way to add & center a logo or image over a background image?

BONUS QUESTION 🙂 :  Can I add a color/background to my site header or other sections without it being applied to other page sections? (This seems to be mentioned in the 7.1 guide, but I haven't found the exact method to do this.

thanks!

Can you share your site with protected password and take a screenshot of your issue?

Squarespace_set_password.gif.a99eb600cb3e8fd190539e75d4595142.gif

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

On 9/27/2021 at 8:43 PM, bangank36 said:

Can you share your site with protected password and take a screenshot of your issue?

Squarespace_set_password.gif.a99eb600cb3e8fd190539e75d4595142.gif

Hi BaNgan,

Sorry, it's confidential at the moment.

Surely, these questions don't rely on a specific installation? Are there not general guidelines for doing these things? I'll go back & look through the Design and Templates sections of help.

FWIW it shouldn't be this difficult.

thanks.