hide the navigation links and header on a page

Please post the URL for a page on your site where we can see your issue. The URL you posted is for the backend of your site which won't get us anywhere.

Your site is private. Please set up a site-wide password.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password is not a security breach. Please read the documentation at the link provided to understand how it works.

Please read the documentation at the link provided on how to share a link to your site to understand how it works. A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Add the following to Design > Custom CSS.

.homepage .header-nav {

display : none;

}

This is for v7.1.

Upon hiding the navigation I assume you'll want to provide another way for your visitors to get deeper into the site? If so you'll want to add buttons or links somewhere on the page. Or perhaps make the whole image a link. We may be able to help with that once you decide how you want people to get in.

If you need to hide other elements on the homepage that should be doable also.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

6 hours ago, blancab said:

Yws, I want to provide aonther way for my visitors to get deeper. I think Button can totally work. Do you know how can I do it?

Edit the page and add button blocks as needed. You'll need to fiddle with the layout settings to get the buttons positioned in a pleasing manner.

Thanks Creedon, I already did it. I have one more question, Is the last one!

I really like how this " homepage" looks in the computer, but looks terrible in the phone. I wanted to ask if you know if it's possible to have a fix image in the phone so I design one for vertical space , in the computer we can see it horizontal, as it is.

Thanks!

@blancab

One way you might do it is to use two page sections. One for desktop, which you have. And another for mobile. Then with CSS you could swap in the desired page section for desktop or mobile.

I suggest starting with duplicating your landing page, add a page section below the desktop page section. In the new page section design for mobile. Once you're happy with how that page section looks, let us know. We should be able to provide CSS to swap sections in/out.

Edited by creedon

@blancab

I was hoping to see a page with two sections. One section with the desktop content and one with the mobile content. With that layout we can then come up with some CSS to show/hide sections.

• 8 months later...

Hi Creedon, how are you?

I wanted to ask you if you can help me with a problem we discuss in the past regarding the landing page. I want to have two different ones. One for computer view and another for mobile. I already have two difference land pages made. I don't know if they respond to this you wrote: "I was hoping to see a page with two sections".  Can we  come up with some CSS to show/hide sections.

Thanks

Captura de pantalla 2022-06-08 a las 13.43.53.png

4 hours ago, blancab said:

I don't know if they respond to this you wrote: "I was hoping to see a page with two sections".  Can we  come up with some CSS to show/hide sections.

The reason for having both the desktop and mobile versions on one page in their own sections as it's much easier to create the CSS to do the switching.

If you have the two versions  on different pages then the issue is not a matter of using CSS but using JavaScript to redirect to different pages. In other words the JS is more complex.

"The reason for having both the desktop and mobile versions on one page in their own sections" does this mean that in the top menu for example in the land page there will be a tab that says mobile, and that will be the mobile version page? 

• 2 weeks later...