Different pricing for different customers

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hi all,
I'm looking to develop a new e-commerce site for our company and like the look of Squarespace.
One thing I can't find the answer to is whether a specific group of customers can be set up with different pricing. So, when they log in, they get to see discounted pricing while other customers see the standard pricing.
We deal with a lot of overseas resellers of our products and it's useful for them to be able to buy through the web site.
Thanks in advance.
Steve

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 6
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution
4 hours ago, S-CAN3D said:

One thing I can't find the answer to is whether a specific group of customers can be set up with different pricing. So, when they log in, they get to see discounted pricing while other customers see the standard pricing.

There isn't a feature that will allow you to apply discounts to users who are logged on. As things stand today you'll need to either:

• Use some discount codes to reduce prices for the different groups. Members will see the full retail prices in the store and must remember to use their discount code or they'll be charged at the higher retail rate.
  • Set up a duplicate store page with discounted prices and password-protect it with a page password. If you share the password with the specific group of customers, only they will see the lower prices. Note that inventory on each page will be managed separately.

Neither is a great workaround. Automatic discounts for members in a specific Member Area would be a great feature, but I guess it's not high on the priority list, whilst some basic member features are missing.

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

On 6/18/2021 at 9:27 PM, paul2009 said:

There isn't a feature that will allow you to apply discounts to users who are logged on. As things stand today you'll need to either:

• Use some discount codes to reduce prices for the different groups. Members will see the full retail prices in the store and must remember to use their discount code or they'll be charged at the higher retail rate.
  • Set up a duplicate store page with discounted prices and password-protect it with a page password. If you share the password with the specific group of customers, only they will see the lower prices. Note that inventory on each page will be managed separately.

Neither is a great workaround. Automatic discounts for members in a specific Member Area would be a great feature, but I guess it's not high on the priority list, whilst some basic member features are missing.

Thanks Paul, That's a shame. It's a significant feature of our existing site. Might have to keep searching.

• 1 year later...

Hello - wondering if this has been updated at all?

I love Squarespace but I use square + an add on to run memberships for my craft studio. I’d love to have perks for my members where they can purchase a workshop at a discounted rate from the general public.

5 hours ago, MakeStudio said:

wondering if this has been updated

This hasn’t changed. 

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

• 11 months later...

Hello, Can I use discount codes for local buyers only? Meaning that the discount code can only be used during checkout when the shipping address is a local address? 

I'm currently on the Business plan. Thanks for your help.

1 hour ago, emyt said:

Can I use discount codes for local buyers only? Meaning that the discount code can only be used during checkout when the shipping address is a local address?

No. There isn’t a way to limit discount codes in this way.