White logo with transparent background - not great when you send a link in a text or online.

Go to solution Solved by DonebyDave,

I have a white logo with a transparent background that looks great on my site since there is an image behind it.  However, when I send the website link in text or post it on Facebook, you can't see the logo because it is white with a transparent background.  Any ideas on how to fix this without changing the logo on my website?  Any idea what is used when a logo/image is included in a link?  My site is not published yet.  Thanks for the help!

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Solution

Yes!

Found the solution, no coding required and best of all no need to change the logo on my website. 

From the home page menu choose 'Design', then 'Social Sharing'. Then drop the image you want to use here, in the box, and save.

Of course, you'll want to consider a different colour scheme for the 'social sharing' logo. If you stick with the white logo just change the background to something other than transparent or white.

image.png.6063b67d61b934621724c784c31bbdab.png        image.png.1c3e1f293d46a857e29285f0d4e4b7b0.png

image.png.7356225231ea6d5579a04ec528545fa5.png

Cheers!

Edited by DonebyDave
  • 1 year later...

Has this guidance been updated for the latest version of Squarespace?  My white logo (which is great on my site) appears "white" when I link it on any other platforms i.e. linkedin, email etc. and that's not so great.  😞 Any solutions? 

white logo in linkedin.png

• 3 weeks later...

@circlemember, I couldn't locate those steps on the current interface either, but if you type "social..." in the search bar by clicking on the scope icon in the upper left corner, it will pull 'social sharing' up for you (screenshot attached). 

Screen Shot 2024-03-12 at 6.06.13 PM.png

• 4 weeks later...