Navigation Title - Clickable

Site URL: https://wellbeingcampus.com.au

I would like to make the navigation title clickable and not repeated i.e. Folder Title, then first link = same.  I have gone through previous answers, and none of the solutions are working for me. I have just upgraded my account but that didn't solve the problem either. 

The result I am after is that Mental Health First Aid (the heading) points to the Mental Health First Aid page. 

image.thumb.png.4df0b4083fc2209964737bf07f22ff15.png

Please see the following.

In the main script you would need to change the following lines...

'music-lovers' : '/community',

// last or only item doesn't get a comma at end of line

'artists' : '/services'

...to...

// last or only item doesn't get a comma at end of line

'mhfa' : '/mental-health-first-aid'

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

I just tested the following code here locally on your site and it worked a treat.

Code removed. Please see cited post.

No need to edit this one. Just copy and paste into Code Injection > FOOTER. Per previous instructions.

If it makes the menu title disappear, view your site in Incognito mode. To see if it is an issue with being in Preview.

If the menu is OK but doesn't have the right link, leave the code in place so I can try to diagnose issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Edited by creedon
code removed

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 3 weeks later...

@creedon Thank you and sorry for the delay. 

I have tried the above. It makes the link clickable but the title disappears. I have tried this in incognito mode. 

I'm trying to have the title - Mental Health First Aid - linked to the page, and the second link ; Standard MHFA - and so on. So Mental Health First Aid is not repeated. Does that make sense? 

Gosh, who knew it would be this hard on Squarespace! 

image.png.28722fa35aa12787d5200ce9b4f9a213.png

What you want makes perfect sense. However whenever I run the code it works great and I am unable to reproduce the disappearing text.

One thing I did notice. Did you follow the step in the post to which I pointed, to install jQuery? Just now when I looked at your site jQuery is not installed.

Edited by creedon

• 3 weeks later...

Every test I've done on your site and on my test site the code works. Others have used the code and it works for them. And apparently it worked sometimes for you.

The code does not hide anything but it does replace an element. If there was a failure during the replace that could explain the navigation folder title disappearing. But again I've not seen a failure of this nature in all my testing.

The only way I could possibly begin to diagnose the issue on your site would be to have the code in place and see it failing. I can't fix what I can't see.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually the code worked great until SS changed their menu code just recently and my code broke. 😞

This is a downside of custom code it is generally fragile because it depends on SS code which we have no control over when and how they change their code.

I'm in the process of trying to make the code work again.

I have updated the code in my March 3 customized for you code post. Replace the previous code with the new code. The folders should now be clickable again.

Let us know how it goes.