Adding content to a products page

Site URL: http://www.abingdongallery.co.uk

I was wondering if anyone could advise if there is any way of adding text and ideally an image to the top of a products page? 

I have a gallery website, i need to put an biography and profile shot alongside an artists work for sale. Currently i'm getting around this by using a blank page with the details and then a summary block to an unlinked products page. The problem is the images don't display in the same way as the products page and look messy, plus it's more time consuming to edit. A solution to this would be amazing. 

• Replies 3
  • Views 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The short answer is yes it probably can be done. Please see the following post for a piece of code that could be the starting point for what you need.

For us to figure out how the code might be adapted we need to know ideally how you would organize the product items for each artist. Does each artist get their own product page? Or are all the artists in the same product page and then organized with categories and tags?

Can you give the URL for the product page(s)? Being able to see would help to know how we might proceed.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, is this header insertion code to allow access to view the Product Detail template and add content blocks as needed? 

Or is it very specific to the items the original poster wanted to add?

I have the same request and wish to make all our product detail templates to look like this:
https://castillolanguageservices.com/interpreting-is-performance-art-act-2

Combines an:

Text

Product block - with only some info exposed

Product block - linking to a related product of our choosing (if available)

If not available, I want to add a newsletter sign up box 

Testimonials at the bottom

Thanks for your input and help!

@CLS_Scott

If I understand your questions. The answer to Q1 is no and Q2 is yes.

The function of the code mentioned is really just a simple insertion. Take x and insert at y.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Archived