Help Centering Content

• Replies 6
  • Views 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for replying!

Neither. I would like all of the content portion centered of the screen without changing the content itself. If I do the second options then it changes the layout of the sentences and some imaging.

Best way to explain- if everything on the page were to be highlighted and then moved over to the center of the screen, rather than it being all the way on the left of the page or made larger to fit the screen. I would just like it all as is centered of the screen.

My apologies if too complicatedly explained!

Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 9.02.19 AM.png

Add the following to Design > Custom CSS.

@media only screen and ( min-width: 801px ) {

body:not( .homepage ).sidebar-fixed.sidebar-position-left #headerWrapper {

float : left;
    position : unset;

}

:not( .homepage ) #canvasWrapper {

margin-left : auto;
    margin-right : auto;

}

/* .homepage.collection-type-gallery #galleryWrapper {

position : unset;

}

.homepage.collection-type-gallery #slideshowWrapper {

margin : 0;

} */
  }

841925115_ScreenShot2021-02-08at8_51_21PM.thumb.png.fe08ff13988f3ec4b86c9cfb51c835a9.png

This is for a v7.0 site using the Wells template.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

WOW HOW CAN I REPAY YOU FOR THIS???? I OWE YOU!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

It works and is exactly what I wanted.

The only thing that has changed is that the image with the plant on the homepage now covers the entire sidebar when viewed on a larger screen such as the iMac, and when I access the page from my macbook with a smaller screen it shows the sidebar but it won't let me click anything except the top banner "online classes now available".  Can this be fixed?

Again, I am so greatly appreciative!!! Please let me know how I can pay you!!!

I've updated my previous code post.

The code change does alter the layout of the homepage a bit. Another option if you don't like the change would be to turn off the centering effect all together on the homepage.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Archived