Does anyone know how I can get an image to pop up when I hover over text?

Hi! I am trying to find a way (or some code) to create the same effect you can see in this photo -- when my mouse hovers on the words "Gurdjieff" the Jon Hassell image pops up in the background. In this instance, each of the lines of text have different images that all pop up in that same fixed part of the background, which is what I'm looking to replicate. I'm wondering if its possible to do this in Squarespace? Please note that I know nothing at all about code but am willing to try anything!! Thank you in advance. 

447252799_ScreenShot2021-02-04at4_36_27PM.thumb.png.c0acf6f62d66f4478b79bad03fa2823e.png

• Replies 3
  • Views 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, copywriter11 said:

Thanks for the help! I do have SS 7.1 I believe and can use Portfolio Page, but I'm still not sure how to get this feature to work within it - do you have any more insight into the process? Thanks in advance! 

Try this guide. https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035611791-Portfolio-Pages#toc-portfolio-page-layouts

Hover: fixed or Hover: Follow Cursor

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Archived