Date and Phone number format

I'm making a site for our non-profit organisation and we need the phone number and date of birth of people joining. Thing is that we're in Switzerland and the date and phone number format makes no sense. Is there any way of changing this?

Is there a way to make a custom form field? Nobody is going to do month/day/year for their date of birth, they're just going to get annoyed. Some people are joining from Germany and can have longer area codes and phone numbers and the option of 3-digits, 3-digits, 4-digits makes no sense.

Any work arounds or anything for that? Aside from putting a very long textbox, I don't see any other options.

• Replies 1
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Squarespace is still very US-biased and doesn’t have a telephone field suitable for the rest of the world. The best workaround is to add a standard Text field for this.

You can do the same for the date of birth, but it visitors are more likely to input their DOB incorrectly. We sell a datepicker specifically for Squarespace that enables visitors to input their birth date easily.

You'll find full details about our Datepicker Extension for Squarespace on our website.

See this thread also:

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived