Show Categories expanded on 7.1 store page?

Hello

This is probablyly a N00b question, but I can't find anyone asking the same thing in the forums, so here goes.

I have a 7.1 store page with product categories displayed on the left side nav.

I would like it so that the subcategories are expanded when the page loads:

Category1

-Cat1SubCat

-cat2SubCat

Category2

As it is now, it renders collapsed, as:

Category1

Category2

... and the user must click on the Category to expand it.

I feel that I had it set up this way before, but now I cannot find the setting.

Any help sincerely appreciated.

(I don't remember the name of template I selected as I write this .. but I hope this isn't a limitation of the template.)

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, RedRider said:

Though I think maybe this could be a limitation of the Crosby template now that I think about it...

All v7.1 share the same template it is the themes that make them appear different. So the features are the same across all v7.1 sites.

2 hours ago, RedRider said:

I am willing to open a bug report if other people are encountering this.

I don't know if it is a bug but the behaviour you are seeing now is what I'm seeing on my test site. The categories are revealed like peeling back the layers of an onion.

I did take a look at the underlying HTML and at the very top level all you see is the top level categories.

You can also observe the onion layer effect in the structure of the URLs when in Full Preview.

I suspect this is how SS has designed the categories to currently work.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Archived