7.1 SHOP PAGE > Custom Layout CSS Issue

Hi @tuanphan!

I have a question for you regarding customizing the shop page functionality.

1. I am working on a shop

2. I would like to customize the standard page so each product grouping has a headline, versus the standard shop layout in 7.1 (where it is one giant feed of products)

3. On the product detail pages, I would like the SHOP ALL in the nav to be underlined.

4. Is there a way to hide the default shopping section shown on the bottom of this page?

5. I used the below code  in the header, which hides the section, but then also hides the product detail pages from functioning.

<style>
section[data-section-id="5f3313ad14f683319469cc74"] {
display:none!important }
</style>

6. Do you know how to solve for this?

Thanks so much for your help!

Best,
NK

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HI @tuanphan, thanks for the quick reply and help!

1. I inserted your code. It hides the last-child (the default shop section/layout)

2. But now, for some reason, when I click the individual product to go to the product detail page, the product detail pages appears blank. Screen shot below. This happened when I also tried my section ID code above.

3. Any other thoughts? I want the "shop all" in nav to be underlined, to show the product is within this directory.. but need to hide the default shop layout that squarespace generates.. Does this make sense?

Thanks again for all of your help!

Nicholas

• 6 months later...

Archived