Patreon as an alternative to MemberSpace

Hi, 

I am working with a potential client and they wish to have content available only to those who have purchased a membership. We have discussed MemberSpace, and even the option to simply use a password protected page (not ideal), but there is some hesitation around the pricing of MemberSpace, specifically the 4% fee for each member sign up on top of the monthly cost.

The client has mentioned Patreon as the membership model she wants to use but I don't think this is compatible with SQSP. 

Does anyone know if this is not the case and know if w CAN use Patreon on SQSP, OR does anyone know of any other alternatives out there for such a membership platform that can be used with SQSP?

Thanks! 

Hi Brennan,

• I haven't seen Patreon used with Squarespace before but it seems like their pricing has higher % fees (starting at 8%) than the ones you already mentioned — are there specific aspects of Patreon they're looking to implement?
  • I guess you already looked into this, but Squarespace password-protected pages is an option since Squarespace can protect the pages from their side (more secure than the other options you'd be looking at)
  • Memberstack is a membership platform that does offer 1% fees or lesser, depending on the scale at which your client is planning to use it and the pricing plan that might best fit them.

Hope that helps!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 7/2/2020 at 8:56 AM, BrennanDesign said:

Hi, 

I am working with a potential client and they wish to have content available only to those who have purchased a membership. We have discussed MemberSpace, and even the option to simply use a password protected page (not ideal), but there is some hesitation around the pricing of MemberSpace, specifically the 4% fee for each member sign up on top of the monthly cost.

The client has mentioned Patreon as the membership model she wants to use but I don't think this is compatible with SQSP. 

Does anyone know if this is not the case and know if w CAN use Patreon on SQSP, OR does anyone know of any other alternatives out there for such a membership platform that can be used with SQSP?

Thanks! 

some time has passed now but there is this for those searching for  patreon integration. I haven't used it myself but am investingating for a client. 
https://connect.appypie.com/apps/patreon/integrations/squarespace

• 1 month later...

👋 Hi there, @BrennanDesign! Ward from MemberSpace here. 

Are you still looking into this? We have a 4% transaction fee for our 'Just Starting' plan, but have you checked all our pricing options? We also offer 2% and 1% transaction costs with other plans, and these might actually be better for you!

We're also currently in the process of revamping our Web Agencies Affiliate Program, so that might also be interesting for you and your next projects/plans. 

Why don't you stop by during our Office Hours, so we can discuss this in detail? I will be happy to answer any of your questions.

🙏 Let me know if I can help with anything else. Thank you! 

• 11 months later...