Site not showing up in search results after couple months?

Site URL: https://www.mauricesamuels.net

Hello!

I helped publish a squarespace site in early March, but the site still does not appear at all in google's search results. 

https://www.mauricesamuels.net

So far, I've followed the suggested squarespace SEO guidelines (using keyword optimized site title/descriptions, SEO descriptions, optimized images/URLs, etc...), as well as requested indexing, and submitted a sitemap in google search console.

I understand that it might take some time for indexing, but as previously mentioned it's been ~2 months and to search for the author's name and for nothing to appear at all in the results seems bizarre. Please let me know if if there's anything else I might try to help solve this issue?

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 3
  • Views 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, IgorAvidon is correct that your site is being indexed. I don't see you currently ranking anywhere in the first 10 pages for "Maurice Samuels" so you definitely aren't on the map yet. I did a quick audit to see if there was anything glaring and here would be my suggestions:

1. Just as suggested above, work on getting some inbound links to the website. I f this is an authorized site for the author, I have to believe he'd have some good connections that could be leveraged for links.
  2. At first glance, the site seems over optimized for the author name. Almost every page title mention his full name twice. 
  3. Not that this is a ranking factor, but I would shorten and write custom meta descriptions for each page. You have a number of duplicates and most are too long to all be displayed.

Without digging further, I suspect it is a combination of new site "sandboxing" by Google and the lack of inbound links. 

Hope that helps!

Awesome, great suggestions!

I will work on getting some inbound links to the site, and cleaning up/customizing the descriptions to start.

In the meantime, please let me know if anyone else has any other ideas. Thanks again!

Archived