Add Multiple Links on Top of Image

52 minutes ago, NCOnline said:

since adding the SVG and getting the image map working, the css for h4-7 that I'd previously added isn't working. Is there any logical reason for this?

It's coincidence. My code makes no changes to h1 - h6.

You do have one or more syntax errors in your CSS. What they are I can't say. If you are running pure CSS and not using LESS syntax then use the W3C CSS Validator.

image.thumb.png.fc2c0b17370a31d4a69d068dda70e374.png

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey super quick question, and apologies if this has already been answered in the thread above, but I have an idea for my personal website that I’m told requires image mapping. I hit a bit of a roadblock because I was told that image mapping will be off with variations in the screen size you view the website on…

a) is this accurate?

b)  if it is, what other options are there for me to achieve the desired effect?

Here’s the link to the website https://www.liampietraszewski.com/

…and just to briefly describe the idea, you’ll note that the home screen is a living room setting. I’d like it so that upon mouse hover over maybe a dozen different places on the Home Screen, an image will appear beneath the cursor that gives the static image the appearance of movement (ie. Hover over the cat, the cat’s tail goes up; hover over the man on the couch, he looks at you; etc.). I’d also love for some of these interactive places to link out to other pages on the website, as well as the hovering effect described above.

I’m looking for any help here. Thank you thank you!

1 hour ago, liampetro said:

I was told that image mapping will be off with variations in the screen size you view the website on…

a) is this accurate?

It is the case that an old school image map, such as those produced by https://www.image-map.net/, are not responsive.

I don't know of any online tools that will produce responsive code like I've described many times in this thread.

The effect you describe is not exactly the one covered in this thread. In this thread the effect is to make areas of the map clickable links. You might be able to use the underlying areas of the map to trigger the effect you describe but off the top of my head I don't have a solution.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.