Removing home page banner on Harris template

Site URL: https://www.stephenmckeeracing.com/

Hi guys. 

I'm trying to figure out how to remove the banner on the home page, but keep the other page banners visible.

image.png.051f5fcbfd7440bcfee34d4ec666b7be.png

These tools either allow all the banners to be visible site wide, or only the home page banner to be visible. 

For context, I need the video on the home page to be front and center, exactly like a banner. I would simply make it a banner, but banners cant play videos with audio/playbar features (been down that whole rabbit whole earlier...unless?).

image.png

So, my solution is to remove the banners on the whole site and just replace them with large image/video blocks. The trouble is, that  the image block replacements arnt size-optomised, especially for mobile and site now lacks symmetry. and overall doesnt look great

Im not a programer, so rather than going through and trying to adjust each individual image dimensions with CSS to immitate perfect banners, it would be so much better if I could just use the actual banner function. The only page I actually need to be bannerless is the home page, but It seems to be an "either all or nothing" situation.

I've been troubleshooting for hours  with all sorts of different code, but nothing has worked so far. 

Any help would be greatly apreciated. 

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...
On 9/22/2020 at 8:00 PM, Surgery said:

Hi - Is there a way to make that work on individual / specific inner pages?

Many thanks

Add to Page Settings > Advanced > Header

<style>
  .page-banner-wrapper {
    display: none;
}
</style>

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Archived