Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
  • 0
snandwani

Summary Block Product Shorten Excerpt Text

Question

Site URL: https://www.tectronint.com

My client sells items on his website by case pack, not by piece. Therefore, for say a case of tarps, the price listed is the price per case, not the price for each individual tarp. However, my client doesn't want the case price to be shown by the different summary blocks; he wants the per piece price shown but when I click "Show Excerpt," it shows the entire product description as there is no separate "Excerpt" for me to edit in the product details. I don't think I can get the per piece price to show where the case price shows now, but I was thinking what if I unchecked "Show Price" and checked "Show Excerpt," but in some way was able to modify the code such that the excerpt/description shows, but only the first line of it? Is there any way to modify the text shown by "Show Excerpt" in that way?

Share this post


Link to post

5 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, snandwani said:

Thank you. I've enabled excerpt on the "Dollar Items" page so you can see.

Hi , Thankyou for enabling it , There are two ways to do this.

1- If you wan to hide description on Whole Website then add the following code in (HOME>DESIGN>CSS)

.summary-excerpt>p{
    display:none;
}

2- If you want to hide on Specific Page then add the following code in the Page Header (You can access page header by clicking on Gear icon in front of page name , it will pop up a option page , from there select Advance and then place the following code there , See attached Images)

<style>
  .summary-excerpt>p{
    display:none;
}
</style>

Hope it helps 🙂

s1.PNG

s2.PNG

Edited by humxahafeex

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, snandwani said:

Site URL: https://www.tectronint.com

My client sells items on his website by case pack, not by piece. Therefore, for say a case of tarps, the price listed is the price per case, not the price for each individual tarp. However, my client doesn't want the case price to be shown by the different summary blocks; he wants the per piece price shown but when I click "Show Excerpt," it shows the entire product description as there is no separate "Excerpt" for me to edit in the product details. I don't think I can get the per piece price to show where the case price shows now, but I was thinking what if I unchecked "Show Price" and checked "Show Excerpt," but in some way was able to modify the code such that the excerpt/description shows, but only the first line of it? Is there any way to modify the text shown by "Show Excerpt" in that way?

Please enable the excerpt so I can send you a code for this.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
23 hours ago, humxahafeex said:

Please enable the excerpt so I can send you a code for this.

Thank you. I've enabled excerpt on the "Dollar Items" page so you can see.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
9 minutes ago, humxahafeex said:

Hi , Thankyou for enabling it , There are two ways to do this.

1- If you wan to hide description on Whole Website then add the following code in (HOME>DESIGN>CSS)


.summary-excerpt>p{
    display:none;
}

2- If you want to hide on Specific Page then add the following code in the Page Header (You can access page header by clicking on Gear icon in front of page name , it will pop up a option page , from there select Advance and then place the following code there , See attached Images)


<style>
  .summary-excerpt>p{
    display:none;
}
</style>

Hope it helps 🙂

s1.PNG

s2.PNG

Fantastic! Thank you so much. Works perfectly.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
2 minutes ago, snandwani said:

Fantastic! Thank you so much. Works perfectly.

Glad it helped , Please mark it as solved by clikcing on up arrow on top left of answer 🙂

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment


×
×
  • Create New...