Image having a color overlay where it should be white

No luck yet, and kind of unacceptable that we need to mess with custom CSS to fix a pretty straightforward systemic issue.

Attached here is a comparison of the crisp white image I see in the editor interface vs the grayed image on the site itself.

File format, color profile, adjustments in the editor don't matter, and I haven't gotten CSS changes to take hold either.

Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 11.17.08 AM.png

On 8/14/2020 at 5:14 AM, robmillis said:

No luck yet, and kind of unacceptable that we need to mess with custom CSS to fix a pretty straightforward systemic issue.

Attached here is a comparison of the crisp white image I see in the editor interface vs the grayed image on the site itself.

File format, color profile, adjustments in the editor don't matter, and I haven't gotten CSS changes to take hold either.

Can you share link to page in screenshot? We can check easier.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 3 months later...
On 2/10/2020 at 2:09 AM, aallatt said:

Site URL: https://kamu.squarespace.com/

There seems to be a greyish/blue overlay. You can see it at the top of the image. No matter where I go, I cannot remove it. It looks to be the background showing through. I am newer to squarespace, but have been a hand coder for years. 

I have attempted to 

1. Save as a .jpg (made sure it was pure white before exporting it in photoshop)
  2. Save as a .png (made sure that I turned off the transparency)

The template I am using is Colima. This has happened before on another theme and is extremely annoying. 

Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 5.59.09 PM.png

I found the solution. Attached screen recording for the fix! Hope it helps 🙂

• 1 year later...