Duplicate Stores and Creating Multiple Portals

Hey guys 🙂

I am trying to use Squarespace to simplify my business.

Currently, we print business cards for many local companies with 50+ employees.

Essentially, we'd like to create a "portal" or "page" for each of these companies to order their business cards directly from the site. My vision is to have:

- The main website
- Hidden pages for each company. i.e. "Company A" can go to a hidden page called www.website.com/companya and "Company B" can go to a hidden page called www.website.com/companyb.

The issues I'm running into:

- Currently, if I create a shop for each company, I can't duplicate the shop. I have to manually re-enter each product (even though every company has the same products, just different artworks for their business cards. But the pricing and options are identical).

- If I create a new Squarespace Site for each portal, then I'm running into the same problem. I'll need to re-enter not only the data for the store, but also the entire website.

- If I throw all the company's artworks into one category (i.e. Category "company a" and category "company b") then the companies will see each others' artworks. This cannot happen. And as of now, I don't see an option to show only certain categories in a shop page.

Is there truly no way to speed this process up? It's just not scaleable in it's current form. If I have 20 companies, I'll need to create 20 different pages - one for each company - and manually re-enter the products one-by-one. Instead of being able to duplicate the store, and simply replacing the artwork thumbnail.

Please offer advice. Is Squarespace the right fit for me?

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 1
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, I think the work around for this would to create each company a page like you stated but then add a summary block on each from one main store page with a filter to only should the category for that specific business. Then I would turn off pagination so that the business would not be able to see each others products/other artwork (essentially blocking then from clicking to a different category). 

Archived