Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
poetica

Reduce caption padding in inline image block in 7.1?

Question

I'm trying to reduce the padding between an image and caption in 7.1. The default is ridiculously big. Does anyone know of a custom CSS code to fix that issue? I'd like a code that fixes it site-wide. The site is set to private right now because it's not ready yet....Here's an example though, this image is an inline image block.

Screen Shot 2020-01-28 at 11.27.53 AM.png

6 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, ElaCV said:

Hi Tuanphan I'm also having the same issue.

Any chance you know of a workaround to reduce the gap between the image and the caption?

I've added one piece to change the font size of the captions but can't seem to change the padding:

.sqs-block-image .image-caption p {
    font-size: 13px;
    line-height: 1.4em;
}

Appreciate any help you could give

Can you share link to page in screenshot?

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I'm Tuan. I work for a non-profit project (build free libraries). I check the forum once or twice a day to help out the community. If you don't see me answering your question, you can send it to the email above. There are so many questions every day so I can't answer them all at once, I will try to answer them in the next few days.

Can you share link to this page?

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I'm Tuan. I work for a non-profit project (build free libraries). I check the forum once or twice a day to help out the community. If you don't see me answering your question, you can send it to the email above. There are so many questions every day so I can't answer them all at once, I will try to answer them in the next few days.

The website is private, so I'm guessing you can't access it? Is there a workaround? The client isn't ready for the site to be public.

3 hours ago, poetica said:

The website is private, so I'm guessing you can't access it? Is there a workaround? The client isn't ready for the site to be public.

You can setup  password & share url

If your client's doesn't want this...difficult to help.

Did you send question to my email? If yes, I replied your email with the code.

Posted (edited)

@tuanphan is a hero!

He sent me this code, which worked like a charm!

figcaption.image-caption-wrapper {
    padding-top: 0 !important;
}
.image-caption p {
    margin-top: 5px;
    margin-bottom: 0;
}

Thank you so much!!!

Edited by sme06

Posted (edited)

If you don't want to add any code, you can change the image layout from Inline to Stack and then re-add the caption in the Title section under the image. Leave the Subtitle section blank. Save.

Then, under Design / Image Blocks / Image Block: Stack, change the Image Separation slider to 1% or whatever your preference might be. 

Edited by Jennifer_NM