CONFUSION! How to set up Google Analytics Goal with Squarespace Form?!

Hello,

I want to set up a Goal in Google Analytics that tells me where how a  customer who completes an enquiry form on my Squarespace website happened to arrive on the site. 

However, GA seems to require a specific url, or otherwise a 'Category, Action, Label or Value' to define the goal completion. 

When you complete the form on my website, the page just refreshes, and the url remains the same, so I don't have a goal completion url to provide, or any other way obvious way to define this. 

I'm not very technical, but technical enough to know there is a simple enough solution to this. 

I hope you can show me the way!

Thanks so much in advance, 

Paul

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, there is a simple solution! The easiest way is to redirect the form to a special page after it is submitted. I typically call the page "Contact Us Form Confirmation" with a slug of /contact-form-confirmation or something like that. 

Next we need to tell the form to use this new confirmation page. In the edit form dialog box, go to the "Advanced" tab and there is a space to select a post-submit redirect page. Enter the page URL here for your new confirmation page.

Last, in Google Analytics, simply specify a goal with this specific URL being the end result.

Hope that helps!

Archived