Related Products Dropdown

For the last couple of days... seems like ever since there was an update... my related products dropdown menu does not work.  When I click on the down arrow to choose what category I want to show, nothing happens.  I can click on them all day long and it never changes.  It also won't scroll to see the additional categories.  Anyone else having this issue?  Is there somewhere I should report problems such as something not working properly?

Thank you!

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 5
  • Views 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Simon-JustGoodJuju I'm having the exact same problem as of yesterday (04.14.20).

It doesn't seem to have changed existing products, but when I update or add a new product to my shop, it will select every category for related products. I've just had to hide the related products on my new items for now. I'm on the Brine template.

Please post the solution if/when you hear back from Support!

Thanks!

2 hours ago, parkerbwn said:

@Simon-JustGoodJuju I'm having the exact same problem as of yesterday (04.14.20).

It doesn't seem to have changed existing products, but when I update or add a new product to my shop, it will select every category for related products. I've just had to hide the related products on my new items for now. I'm on the Brine template.

Please post the solution if/when you hear back from Support!

Thanks!

I heard back - they agree that the dropdown is selecting ALL categories regardless of what you try to select.  They do not, however, acknowledge that it is defective (I asked them how it cannot be a defect when their own documentation explains how it is supposed to work).  They have suggested using Tags instead (which do work) but of course this means having to do a lot of tagging, whereas Categories were already assigned.

I am expecting "working as intended" - that most arrogant of responses.  If I do get anything more helpful I will let you know.

Archived