mapping incoming domain traffic to a specific landing page

I am wanting to map traffic from an incoming domain to a specific domain.  
Currently all traffic from another service provider is being sent to my domain on SquareSpace. (this was done by following the Squarespace directions on "Connecting a domain to your Squarespace site".)  It is currently landing on my home page.  I would like this traffic to land on a specific page.  Is there a way to make this happen?

Example:
I have 2 domains.
1. Cookies.com
2. Chipcookies.com

Under the "Cookies" domain I have a landing page that is called "chocolatechipcookies".  Currently "Chipcookies.com" lands at "Cookies.com".  I would like it to land at cookies.com/ chocolatechipcookies.

I hope this makes sense. 

Thanks for any help you can provide!!
  • 5 months later...
  • Replies 4
  • Views 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello!

I know this question was from a while ago but since I was just reading about this, I thought I'd share what I found under Limitations on the Connecting a Domain help article. (But who knows? Maybe someone with more experience than I have knows of a workaround.)

Limitations

• It's not possible to connect a third-party domain to a specific page on your site. All connected domains will point to the homepage and resolve to the primary domain.

The article:

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205812378-Connecting-a-domain-to-your-Squarespace-site

• 1 month later...

@jpeter I've also seen not possible with connected domain... Should I disconnect my connected domain, and just do the forwarding only?  I've had elbpapercutting.com connected to birdmafia.com for a few weeks. Now I went to my domain settings and setup forwarding to birdmafia.com/elb/process, but it's still just going to birdmafia.com.  Maybe it's due to the connection? Disconnect and be okay?

Archived