Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
Mirus Group

Remote Desktop users having trouble with site

Question

Hello!We set up a presentation for a client. Some of their clients are trying to view the presentation via remote desktop via a terminal server, which is Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard.

Sometimes their browsers (Chrome) will stop responding. Other times they will only be able to access a blank white screen.

Points of interest:

• the initial page is password protected

• we're utilizing a javascript countdown feature to reveal a "next" button after 5 seconds

Does anyone know anything about remote desktops that might tell us why this is happening? And second to that if there's any way to get around it?

Thanks very much! I know this is an incredibly niche problem.

Edited by Mirus Group
formatting issue

2 answers to this question

It's a little unusual to browse from an R2 server, even over a RDP session because it's usually quite difficult. To prevent security issues for the server there are usually many capabilities that are locked down and would prevent scripts from running.

It's difficult to troubleshoot this (as you say niche) issue remotely but some thoughts are...

First check the site is running properly on a standard computer with the same version of the browser. Open the developer tools to see if there are errors in the console. If it runs fine there, take a look at the console on the server

World-class Squarespace Developer and Squarespace Circle Leader with a strong reputation on the Squarespace Forum.
I'm trusted by hundreds of Squarespace users worldwide, including designers, freelancers, business owners and big agencies.

I can tackle anything from small tweaks to full websites and I'm available for short and long bookings (min. 1 hour).
Book via my website giving as much notice as possible. Note that I'm usually booked 4 - 6 weeks in advance for jobs longer than 2 hours.
Prebuilt Squarespace Extensions
Custom Squarespace Extensions: Tell me about the functionality you need

**NEW** Our popular Enquiry Form ExtensionDate Picker Extension and Age Verification Extension are now Squarespace 7.1 compatible.