Can I create a forum on my Squarespace site?

• Replies 24
  • Views 79k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, V5 supports a discussion form. However, like you stated you installed a phpBB forum. Well, I know there are free phpBB hosting out there.

From my POV you have 2 options here.

1. Just host the forum on another site and use an iframe to embed your phpBB onto your site. Easiest and worst way, since it can cause some side effects. Linking is almost impossible.
  2. Host the forum on another site and edit the appearance of the phpBB template to look like the rest of the website. Then just create an external link in the Squarespace config linking to the forum.

I forgot if Squarespace has a new discussion collection on their roadmap or not.

Nicksquaretuts@gmail.com

Squarespace developer since 2007.

I create a professional process for each client to ensure that your objectives are met and users are happy. Something I love to embrace.

I'm available for hire

Get in touch at http://www.nickscola.com or via email at squaretuts@gmail.com

Host the forum on another site and edit the appearance of the phpBB template to look like the rest of the website. Then just create an external link in the Squarespace config linking to the forum.

Thanks very much Nick. I'd thought about that but was hoping I wouldn't have to go outside Squarespace. I'm going to make a request to Squarespace that they create a simple proprietary forum content or structure block, or better yet - a forum page like the blog page. It shouldn't be that complicated, and I bet Squarespace could design the most beautiful forum in the world!

Host the forum on another site and edit the appearance of the phpBB template to look like the rest of the website. Then just create an external link in the Squarespace config linking to the forum.

Thanks very much Nick. I'd thought about that but was hoping I wouldn't have to go outside Squarespace. I'm going to make a request to Squarespace that they create a simple proprietary forum content or structure block, or better yet - a forum page like the blog page. It shouldn't be that complicated, and I bet Squarespace could design the most beautiful forum in the world!

I would greatly appreciate it if Squarespace were to let us know if this is something in the pipeline so that I don't have to buy an outside domain and then have to go through process of installing a forum on the exterior website and linking it clumsily all up to my beautiful Squarespace site.

I would greatly appreciate it if Squarespace were to let us know if this is something in the pipeline so that I don't have to buy an outside domain and then have to go through process of installing a forum on the exterior website and linking it clumsily all up to my beautiful Squarespace site.

• 3 weeks later...

I went ahead and bought matching .com and .net sites to match my Squarespace hosted .org site. Then I installed a phpBB forum on the .com and linked to it from the Squarespace site. Then I installed a wiki on the .net and also linked to it from Squarespace.

It really feels clumsy and bloated and somewhat disconnected. I really wish there were a way to link it up better like they have the forum linked up on macrumors.com. Macrumors uses a subdomain but I would love to be able to have the forum and wiki existing on the same Squarespace site with my main content.

• 1 year later...

Hey! I'd just make a Google Group and then embed the html for the group into one of your pages.I've see lots of people do this. Good luck!-Avery from Averymiller.org

• 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello,

Is it possible to add an online forum to my Squarespace website? I'm not sure because I can't find this feature to build a great online community. For the moment, I think the only way to do this is to embed an external forum. Is it correct?

If yes, can someone tell me how to do? Because I have a very active online forum with thousands of forum members. If possible, I would add this forum hosted on Forumotion.com on my Squarespace website. On this way, I don't have to restart from scratch my community.

The goal is to get a complete forum website and watch my online community grows. Please tell me if you find a solution to set up a forum on my Squarespace site in 2017?

I love the great online communities! My interests: exchange ideas, compare experiences and also enjoy a conversation. It's time to participate with your online community! You can join discover my photos and pictures thaht I share online on [Servimg.com][1] too. I use Squarespace to build great websites about cars, travels and pets. [1]: http://servimg.com/?lang=en

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived