Lock screen is requiring that password be entered twice in a row

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

We are building a site which is password protected.   We noticed today that Squarespace is requiring us to log in twice before it will let us into the site.   We (three of us working independently) tried it in a Chrome Incognito window, then in Brave and had the same experience. Any idea what is going on? It is not rejecting our logon - just flashing the same screen back to us to logon again after we have successfully logged on.
Has anyone else using a password protected site experienced this?
  • Solution
6 minutes ago, EdS said:

We are building a site which is password protected.   We noticed today that Squarespace is requiring us to log in twice before it will let us into the site.

This can happen if you accidentally add a password to a page, in addition to the site-wide password. If this isn't the cause, I encourage you to contact Squarespace Customer Support.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?