Archive block - I want filtered results to take you to the SAME section the dropdown is in, NOT back to the top of the page

Hi! I am trying to figure out how to do a couple of things with an archive drop down.

I want to reorder the menu in the drop down so it is:

1. All Spring recipes
  2. Something Light
  3. More Substantial
  4. On the Side
  5. A Little sweetness
  6. Bread

Is there away to do that? At the moment Alphabetical or Count does not help with this.

My archive drop down on my 'Spring 1' page (see pic below of what the page looks like - it is different to the page called 'Spring') is halfway down the page. When it filters the search results it refreshes and takes you back to the top of the page, I would like it to filter and return to the section the dropdown is situated. It would make more sense that way.  

Any suggestions for how to do this? Do I use anchor points?

pw: peekaboo

Screenshot 2024-07-05 at 1.55.06 pm.png

Screenshot 2024-07-05 at 1.59.53 pm.png

• 2 months later...
On 7/7/2024 at 4:10 PM, LV-OZ said:

Still hoping someone may have a solution for the refresh of this page when filtering the archive to end up in the same section of the page the dropdown is located - thanks!

@tuanphan I am also really interested in this functionality. I see it is available on this website for example:

Big Cat Creative's Blog: https://www.bigcatcreative.com/blog

I see that when you select a category from her dropdown menu, it appears there is an anchor link on the page (but it's not set quite right I think as it scrolls a bit too high on the section and cuts it off - so I want to prevent that it "over scrolls") and something that prevents the page from reloading each time a new filter category is selected (that is super annoying).

If you or anyone else can help out with this I would be very thankful! My site isn't live yet but if someone has some generic code I can insert and adapt to my sections on my blog page it would be amazing!

Thanks a bunch everyone!

On 9/16/2024 at 10:42 AM, creativeladybc said:

@tuanphan I am also really interested in this functionality. I see it is available on this website for example:

Big Cat Creative's Blog: https://www.bigcatcreative.com/blog

I see that when you select a category from her dropdown menu, it appears there is an anchor link on the page (but it's not set quite right I think as it scrolls a bit too high on the section and cuts it off - so I want to prevent that it "over scrolls") and something that prevents the page from reloading each time a new filter category is selected (that is super annoying).

If you or anyone else can help out with this I would be very thankful! My site isn't live yet but if someone has some generic code I can insert and adapt to my sections on my blog page it would be amazing!

Thanks a bunch everyone!

Hi,

BigCatCreative used Plugin to create this.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)