7.0 to 7.1 migration - Blog thumbnails not showing in Overview

I finally got the nerve to migrate to 7.1  (Bedford > Hayden template) — we have 15+ years of content in two blogs on our site (my husband and myself).

Worked surprisingly well except when I tried to change the Blog Overview from a single feed (string of posts) to a Grid, all the thumbnails disappeared. I tried to go back to single feed but now those images are gone, too. Panicked, thinking I lost all images, but the single content blog posts still have the images.

How to restore the thumbnails?

Grid Overview looking terrible: https://www.exploringoverland.com/constantapprentice

I did a bodge fix by creating my own landing page ("overview") and inserting a Summary of the blog: https://www.exploringoverland.com/field-arts-blog-landing

[My husband's blog I didn't touch, and so the single feed on his is still working: https://www.exploringoverland.com/overland-tech-travel 

but I dare not try to change it to a grid til I learn how to fix it if it can be fixed.]

Thank you for any insights!

• Replies 6
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@tuanphan - Thank you for the reply! I looked at the Blog Post Settings, and no, there is no featured image. There are thousands of posts, I can't do this manually. What should I do? They DID show initially. They only disappeared after I tried to switch from single-column view to grid view.

On 7/2/2024 at 4:32 AM, Roseann said:

@tuanphan - Thank you for the reply! I looked at the Blog Post Settings, and no, there is no featured image. There are thousands of posts, I can't do this manually. What should I do? They DID show initially. They only disappeared after I tried to switch from single-column view to grid view.

Will they appears when you change from grid view to single column view? If they appears, we can use code to change single column to grid, instead of using option from Blog page

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

14 hours ago, tuanphan said:

Will they appears when you change from grid view to single column view? If they appears, we can use code to change single column to grid, instead of using option from Blog page

No, they went away for ALL views. Initially they showed for single column but no longer.

9 hours ago, Roseann said:

No, they went away for ALL views. Initially they showed for single column but no longer.

You try contacting SS Customer Care, to see if they have any suggestion to fix this.

Another solution is use Tool to migrate contain again from 7.0 to 7.1 (Did you migrate content from 7.0 to 7.1 or did you upgrade site to 7.1?)

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)