URGENT! Acuity - SPF Record missing for acuityscheduling-mail.com

Go to solution Solved by StoriesAroundTheSun,

Hello! One of my clients recently discovered a bunch of his confirmation emails for his long time and new customers were randomly starting to go into their junk folders. I reached out to Squarespace Support and they said that there are two emails Acuity send those emails from: scheduling@acuityscheduling.com and scheduling@acuityscheduling-mail.com -- and the 2nd one is a new email. Their initial solution was to have his customers add those emails to their safe senders list. But I knew that the issue had to be more than this since it was happening to a lot of customers, not just one or two. I did some searching and discovered that the newer email address' domain acuityscheduling-mail.com is missing its SPF Record 😳 This is key to deliverability (note: acuityscheduling.com does have a valid SPF record). When I shared this with support, I was told that this "feature" would be passed along, but no guarantee it would be implemented or when. I tried to make it clear that SPF Records are not a "feature" but a requirement for all custom domain emails, but still no action. Can anyone here help get this prioritized. It's such an easy fix. I'm sure it was just an accidental oversight during the new domain's setup, but it's causing my client (and I imagine other Acuity users) to lose money and customers to be confused. Thank you! 

• Replies 3
  • Views 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Four days since I brought this to Squarespace's attention and several weeks since my client first mentioned this issue, and Squarespace still hasn't added the SPF record - see screenshot. This is a super easy fix -- I could do it in my sleep if I had access. Deliverability of Acuity emails to customers is essential! Can anyone convince Squarespace that an SPF record is not a feature request but a necessity? Thanks so much!

Screenshot 2024-06-06 at 12.47.42 PM.png

• Solution

Great News!!! I reached out to SQSP Support again with the link to this discussion, and this time they escalated the ticket and fixed it within a couple of hours!! They said it may take up to 24 hours for it to activate across the system, but I checked and acuityscheduling-mail.com is already showing as having a valid SPF record 🙌 

If at first you don't succeed - try again 😉 

Screenshot 2024-06-06 at 3.59.46 PM.png