Help! Why Custom CSS Section Greyed Out?

Go to solution Solved by melody495,

Does anyone know why my client's Custom CSS area is greyed out and will not let me make any changes? I just switched her to 7.1 and it lost the custom font from her old version so I went to go troubleshoot and add it back in but it won't work, nor will anything in the CSS code area work or show up other than greyed out. Won't even show if there is an error or anything. 

Screenshot 2024-05-30 at 11.41.51 AM.png

• Replies 3
  • Views 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Solution
1 hour ago, jordancotton said:

Does anyone know why my client's Custom CSS area is greyed out and will not let me make any changes? 

Hi @jordancotton When you say greyed out, do you mean you 1)can't interact with the panel or that  2) you can type in it but that the code remains in a grey colour?

If it is 2), then there seems to be an opening of a comment here. This will comment out i.e. grey out everything that is within the opening and closing of the pair. This opens a comment "/*", this closes the comment "*/". Look for "*/" further down, possibly at the very end? Delete "/*" and "*/" and you should have the CSS code working again.

Let me know how it goes.

image.png.ee860ac0a51808ce7d8e989b78358910.png

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

Melody | Squarespace Nerd
e: melody@melodylee.tech

💻 💁‍♀️ 1-2-1 Squarespace Training session <- feeling stuck and want to learn?
👩‍💻 💁‍♀️ Website help <- send me your to-do list. From code to plugin to domain setup.
🧰 See the tools I use (contain affiliate links)
 Did I help? I like coffee (Thank you)

@jordancotton excellent! Glad you got it working again 😄

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

Melody | Squarespace Nerd
e: melody@melodylee.tech

💻 💁‍♀️ 1-2-1 Squarespace Training session <- feeling stuck and want to learn?
👩‍💻 💁‍♀️ Website help <- send me your to-do list. From code to plugin to domain setup.
🧰 See the tools I use (contain affiliate links)
 Did I help? I like coffee (Thank you)