Adding text block without adding a new 'section'

Hi!

I have been trying to add a text block to the top of my 'work' page without having to add a whole new section but it won't allow me to. Any suggestions? I used the video template so it had 'categories' in that area but I managed to hide them since I couldn't manipulate the size of that text but I cannot get a text block.

Site URL: https://dodecahedron-spinach-74ef.squarespace.com/videos-2/v/john-mcenroe-does-voice-over-now-zpk5h-8j8df-l4lyz-28m3h

PW: Lauren 

any help would be amazing.

Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 10.13.40 PM.png

• Replies 8
  • Views 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You cannot add a text box without adding a section to the top, the videos are in a gallery type section. Why don't you want to add a section up there? You should be able to adjust it's height and bottom padding enough to make it look like it's attached to those videos.

Did I help you? Buy me a coffee!

👨‍💻 Bergen Design Co.

💻  I'm for hire on Upwork!

🕸️ Squarespace Experts  

🖥️ 99Designs

If you want the text box you could try this in cusom CSS if there's no height controls for that page section.

.lessons-list-section .lessons.collection-content-wrapper {
  padding-top: 3vw !important; //change this number. default for your page is 4vw
}

change that 3vw to whatever works best. It's currently 4vw so 3 may be enough for you when you put the code in.

👨‍💻 Bergen Design Co.

🕸️ Squarespace Experts  

🖥️ 99Designs

You will never be able to add a text box to that section without using some kind of custom javascript and really there's no reason to when you can adjust the spacing with CSS or within the section settings. My code is to remove the space from above the videos. Then you add the text box section above it.

👨‍💻 Bergen Design Co.

🕸️ Squarespace Experts  

🖥️ 99Designs

ohhh. I'm so sorry. I misunderstood. 

I put it at 0 and it's better. I guess that is as tight as I can get it?  Attached is a picture of it at 0vw. Negative numbers don't seem to work. It's still much better. 

thank you

Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.31.36 PM.png