Orders report and refunds

I'm doing bookkeeping and need sales reports for paid orders.

I found this report: `Selling > Orders --> Download CSV`, but the numbers don't add up as I would expect. I'm asking for the community's help to understand the SquareSpace Orders report.

I've created a minimal example in Excel. I added a column `MY_SUBTOTAL` to make the weirdness more apparent, and illustrated two more "versions" showing how I would normally interpret the column headers in the original.

Now, please help me to understand how this Orders report works--

The top example shows the report as-is from SquareSpace, and then I added a column `MY_SUBTOTAL` to demonstrate quickly that the first row's Total value is unaffected by a value in `Amount Refunded` column. The same holds for the last Total row. In other words, if `Subtotal + Shipping + Taxes == Total`, then where is the refund?

The second table labeled `VERSION 1` demonstrates what I would expect of a table with a column `Financial Status`. When this column has a value `refunded`, I expect the whole row to be a refund record.  I expect the values to have a number sign of negative. Then, a column for `Amount Refunded` is unnecessary.

The third table labeled `VERSION 2` demonstrates what I would expect from a table with a column `Amount Refunded`. When this column has a value, I expect the number to have a negative sign, and the Total column to have a value adjusted by the refunded amount.

So color me confused, the actual report downloaded has qualities from both of my "versions", which seems contradictoryHow are you intended to interpret the values in the SquareSpace Orders report?

[PS. Odd there is no tag for "reporting", "orders", "sales"]

Capture.PNG

Edited by xtiansimon
  • Replies 0
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images