Interactive Member Dashboard option

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out if there's a way, perhaps a 3rd party tool, to add an interactive dashboard custom for each member on my member site. I want members to be able to enter things themselves like annual, quarterly and weekly goals they're working on, have a progression bar that shows how they're doing and things like that. 

I don't know if this is the right forum for this, but does anyone know how I can do this?

Thanks.

• Replies 7
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jenna!

This is unfortunately one of the things Squarespace doesn't do well, if at all. 

Even with a third-party service like Memberspace, you wouldn't be able to designate a particular page for each member. 

I did set something like this up for a client once, but it wasn't very sustainable once she had a lot of customers. Her business was a baby sleep consultant, and she would create individual pages for each of her mothers she was helping, with a password that was unique to each customer. From there, we used Airtable to allow her to put a form and table on each page. Each day, the mother would put in a diary note, and she would respond to it, kind of like a forum, so the next time the mother went to the page, the note from her would appear there.

There's no way to do a progression bar like you're describing, but the above is a convoluted, yet workable option for you, maybe?

Thanks so much for the feedback, @justin.mabee. I appreciate the detail and the work around you have shared.

I do plan to include a forum from Website Toolbox, and that has a member profile element that is customizable and somewhat helpful for my purposes. It also has the ability to communicate within the community, as well as privately, and get notifications.

I will look into Airtable, but I do think that setting up individual pages for each person in Squarespace will be too much work too soon (hopefully!). 

I've been thinking about simply using Notion as the place my members go to manage a dashboard with goal setting and the like, which can be shared with me if they want. I can also create deliverables like, work pages, forms with questions for them to add to their own Notion workspace where they can type answers and save somwhere. And they can journal (not shared with me if they don't want), and a bunch of other things. And members who don't want to do any of that don't have to.

I mostly share all that detail for you or anyone else who might find that option helpful.

It would just be nice to have it all within the Squarespace member site, of course.

I think I see having my own application coded eventually, because I have too many big plans, but Squarespace is a great place to start since I know it.

Thanks again.

Edited by Jenna
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello @Jenna and @justin.mabee and thanks of this topic!

Im also building my first course with squarespace and Im a bit confuced that here really isnt options to build a community or send a personal feedback etc. This Toolbox Jenna mentioned is a new to me, have to check it out. I had a plan to add a Typeform forms to the courses page. But dont know if that works for what i have planed. Have to figure something out. I would love to have a opportunity to give personal feedback if customer want to buy that as extra. And have a community forum to the customers to chat and share their tasks and comments others tasks / give feedback each other. If You have any idea how to do something like this, please let me know ❤️

@kuulumo Building a proper community isn't available natively in Squarespace with Member Sites. You can do a membership, but for a proper community with a forum, tasks, comments, feedback, etc, you'd need something like https://circle.so/. There really aren't any other decent options that exist outside of that, or a private Facebook group.

@kuulumo, Website Toolbox is what I'm using for my community forum, which looks to be way cheaper than circle.so and is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. 

https://www.websitetoolbox.com

Right now it's $35 monthly average, when paid annually, or $39/mo paid monthly. 

I'm in the 14 day trial phase right now, but so far I love it. It's easy to embed on my Squarespace website and there are several themes to choose with options to edit color and branding.

It has tons of features, like private chat and more. I can't remember if I've researched circle.

As for forms, I'm trying out Google Forms for now.  It's another thing you can customize to your brand and embed on Squarespace, or provide a link to the form. And answers can be emailed directly to the person who fills it out, so they can save it for reference. It can be turned into a PDF. I tested several options for how to implement it.