Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
jasonbarone

Summary Block: How can I set the Carousel to "autoplay"?

Question

I love the new Summary Block carousel. I'm curious if it's possible to "autoplay" the carousel much like galleries can do. I know this is possible using Developer Platform galleries, but would love to be able to use with Block Carousels.

Edited by rhyann

Founder at Squarefront, the global community of Squarespace builders. I'm building products and services for the Squarespace platform and documenting everything on YouTube. I've been working with the platform since 2008 and my work with Squarespace led to me being hired by Uber where I spent over 5 years working on the web, design and content platform teams. 

Need help with Squarespace? Send me an email! Otherwise connect with me on TwitterInstagram, or Linkedin.

I'm late to this party, and I'm also a beginner. I've copied and pasted the code into my header on the layout page and nothing happened. Any suggestions?

Hey, I've got this working now! But... HELP... I can't figure out how to adjust the speed of the carousel. It's just whipping around every 2 seconds or so and I've tried changing the var duration to 50,000 and nothing changes!

I do like the hover feature that stops the ride!

ghostcat this is awesome, works great!

As a nit-picky bonus is there any way to make it advance one image at a time? I have it set to show three images at once and when it advances it scrolls all the way to the next three instead of just shifting over one. Not a huge deal but would be an awesome addition if possible!

I have no experience coding, but I desperately am trying to get my summary block to auto-scroll. I tried copying and pasting the code above into my Custom CSS, but it keeps saying, "missing opening {".

the las code causes some problems! it disables all the thumbnails on any summary on my site, also it brings the submenu out of line!

the las code causes some problems! it disables all the thumbnails on any summary on my site, also it brings the submenu out of line!

Did anyone find out how to apply this to all carousels on the page?

Thanks,

Rob.

EDIT: The site I'm trying to get this to work on is https://fertha-s.squarespace.com - I'd like both summary carousels to rotate, not just the top one. Thank you to anyone that can help :)

Edited by Roppo

Mine no longer autoplays on desktop versions, only on mobile... Still can't figure out how to make the same apply to all carousels :(

EDIT: Oh yeah- I see what you mean about the white box at the end, it's doing the same on mine... sigh

Edited by Roppo

Hi

Was wondering if you could have a look at my website?www.wekillpirates.com

I've tried to inject this code above to get my carousel to loop on the front page but it doesn't seem to work.

any help would be great

Dane

IMPORTANT!!!The code works with the carousel but it effects the rest of the page to much.There is a bug in the code, but I can't find it. In Avenue when inserting the code the thumbnails of the index grid disappear and in Marque the image gallery page disappears.

IMPORTANT!!!The code works with the carousel but it effects the rest of the page to much.There is a bug in the code, but I can't find it. In Avenue when inserting the code the thumbnails of the index grid disappear and in Marque the image gallery page disappears.