Fluid engine deformation frustration

I edit my website on a desktop with a large monitor. When I view my website on my laptop, I notice deformation when using text blocks. These deformations of the fluid engine grid are extremely infuriating, as they produce random large gaps between items, or stretch out images far beyond what they're supposed to be. 

The deformation seems to occur when I use text blocks, and hit shift-enter, instead of just enter. Hitting enter while typing in a text block produces a large space between sections, while hitting shift-enter produces no space, and keeps it consistent with the text. For me, this is important, but it seems to be a leading contributor to deformation.

Photo 1 & 2 show examples of deformation, while photo 3 shows a reminder of the difference between hitting enter, versus hitting shift-enter for text blocks.

Screenshot2023-11-2810_07_34AM.thumb.png.f94187ffcd871aed4ff7d80c8edcabba.png Screenshot2023-11-2810_08_07AM.thumb.png.22d8c669a08c8ac6fd3231c3e487ecd0.png Screenshot2023-11-2810_14_47AM.png.77e70a15457f7c1bb76e1a37e971711d.png

I'd also like to add that even if I try to edit the site on my laptop instead of my large minotor desktop (which I absolutely do not want to do, as my desktop is 10x faster and stronger), then the text blocks get stretched out into these huge, empty spaces. 

The left photo is the site edited on my laptop, viewed on my desktop. It's obnoxiously spacious and empty. The right photo is the same site edited on my desktop, and viewed on my desktop. This is how its supposed to look.

So I either edit the site on my desktop, and get weird stretched out random fluid-engine sections on smaller monitors (which becomes a big issue especially when it overlaps an image and makes it deformed and stretched), or, I edit the site on my laptop, and get left with massive blank empty regions, 

Text blocks on the fluid engine seem to work  best when they're only one/a few words. As soon as you type a paragraph, or a few paragraphs, everything gets messed up on different monitor sizes. This is very frustrating as someone who's a creative writer, and is paying a lot of money to use squarespace as a site to feature my novels I'm hoping to publish soon.

desktopedit.thumb.JPG.ff679d6bd1223ccd9b145d5fe6bb7adc.JPG desktop2.thumb.JPG.1df08e03e1973f31c8c3866d48d03858.JPG