Speed Issues + Design Advice

Hi there. I've always designed my sites by hand using HTML + CSS, but I decided to make the switch to Squarespace since I thought it would streamline my constant changes and allow me to post updates more easily. I'm concerned my SEO has taken a hit and perhaps my design (or even my template choice?) is the blame. I understand there's tradeoff between Squarespace's ease-of-use and site speed optimization, but I'm curious if: A) my site could be faster (maybe downsizing images) and B) what people's sense of the design is. 

Thanks for any thoughts!

https://beechwoodfilm.com/

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi!

I thought the site looks good and loaded on my end quite well and quickly. Though I did notice that the 'News' section hasn't had any updates made (ie. new posts) since November 2022 (and there were only three made during 2022).

No doubt your team has been busy during 2023, but making regular new posts would help to drive traffic to your website.

Whereabouts are you posting your updates? Are you 'pushing' your posts from your website out to your linked social media? It really does make keeping all platforms updated so easy.

There is an SEO checklist which you can go through for other answers to your query.

Edited by carlyon
update
  • 2 weeks later...