CNAME for root domain

I am trying to create a CNAME so that:

example.com goes to --> www.example.com

The Edit DNS UI does not support an apex (@) record nor can I leave the host field blank. 

Other DNS systems would allow for entering the root domain name in the host field (example.com) but it seems Squarespace already assumes/includes the root domain for any value you enter.

Although not ideal, I tried to setup a domain forwarding / redirect and using (@) and it also generates an error.

I can't seem to find a way to contact Squarespace directly for help on domain/DNS issues.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/17/2023 at 9:14 AM, 1918 said:

I am trying to create a CNAME so that:

example.com goes to --> www.example.com

The Edit DNS UI does not support an apex (@) record nor can I leave the host field blank. 

Other DNS systems would allow for entering the root domain name in the host field (example.com) but it seems Squarespace already assumes/includes the root domain for any value you enter.

Although not ideal, I tried to setup a domain forwarding / redirect and using (@) and it also generates an error.

I can't seem to find a way to contact Squarespace directly for help on domain/DNS issues.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Were you able to get an answer to this?   I have been fighting this exact same issue for a month.   They told me to have the "WWW" switch turned on and it would automatically redirect.   It doesn't.  

• 1 month later...