How to set up landing page as the first page you automatically go to when typing in domain but home page is always home?

Hello! I'd really appreciate help with this issue:

I'm creating a Squarespace site for a new client but they would like the domain (e.g., xyz.com) to go to a landing page with a flashy video, then the user would hit a button to go to the home page (and the rest of the site).

I know how to create a landing page and I know how to create a homepage, but I don't know how to set the site up so that when the user types in the domain, they automatically get taken to the landing page, then the user clicks a button to go to to the home page...and thereafter any time they hit the logo, they go back to the home page and not to the landing page.

Any guidance or tips would be appreciated. Thanks so much!

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like you'd need Javascript to direct the logo to a non-home page, as otherwise the only option for it is to go to the page set as Home, which would be the video landing.

I just did a search and found these:

Not sure about this one, it's pretty old:

If this helped you, please like or mark my solution as answer so others can scroll to it quickly 👆

Cass Aggett is a Squarespace website designer for go-getting women – no matter what stage of business.

WEBSITEINSTAGRAM