I would like to set max line for the testimonial section of my draft website - I have no experience with code at all so appreciate all help

The testimonials section uses an auto layout and I understand that a "read more" button is not possible.

Therefore, I would like to limit the number of lines that appear on the testimonials section of my website. (8-9 lines max)

Can you help please? 

Password to my site is: @Nnie2023!

Many thanks
Maeve

Edited by Maeveoflaherty
website url
On 9/25/2023 at 8:40 PM, Maeveoflaherty said:

The testimonials section uses an auto layout and I understand that a "read more" button is not possible.

Therefore, I would like to limit the number of lines that appear on the testimonials section of my website. (8-9 lines max)

Can you help please? 

Password to my site is: @Nnie2023!

Many thanks
Maeve

You can use this CSS code (Website > Website Tools > Custom CSS)

body.homepage h2.list-item-content__title {
    display: -webkit-box;
    -webkit-box-orient: vertical;
    -webkit-line-clamp: 8;
    overflow: hidden;
}

image.thumb.png.cee9bf68fe937baa6c0a88cd86ccb9da.png

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

With the accordion, you can first create a text block for the first part of the visible text, then drop in the accordion block below it with "Read More" as a title, with the description containing the remaining text...

If you're trying to do it within the carousel, you would need HTML within the description, Javascript for the "read more" button along with CSS to style it visually.  I've written this for a few clients, however, you do have to add HTML to the content description which some people don't like doing.  For example <h4>Read More...</h4> would be added to the description field.

Edited by DPruitt

Hi @DPruitt

Firstly apologies for my delayed thanks for your advice above. 

I took your advice and used the accordion block within a text block to hide the overflow text. 

In my opinion it might look a bit messy when a site visitor clicks on the arrow to expand the full text as there is a gap and then also it doesn't seem possible to format the text so it is justified (which I had done with the first few lines) 

I have left the existing carousel layout on my draft website - in your opinion, which is more appealing on the eye, or is it more personal preference? 

Thanks very much again for your time & help

Maeve