connection problem external domain to squarespace

Hello, I connected a IONOS domain to my squarespace website and eveything is GREEN, OK and good as you cans ee in the picture but all I have is thgis message when i go on the link : This website is pending domain owner verification. domain not claimed

SSL is OK, DNS are okay i just don't understand ..

image.png

• Replies 3
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 5 months later...

Hello @ateliermima -

If you're seeing the "Pending domain verification" message, it usually means that the CNAME record Squarespace uses for verification is either missing or hasn't been added incorrectly.

Here are a few quick troubleshooting steps that might help:

• If you're moving a domain between Squarespace sites, check that you followed the steps in this guide: Moving a third-party domain to another Squarespace site
  • If your domain supports Nameserver Connect and DNS Connect, make sure that you know which connection method you used when adding the domain to your site's Domains panel. Then make sure that the domain's settings are changed accordingly: Nameserver Connect vs DNS Connect
    • For Nameserver Connect, this means that your domain is using Squarespace nameservers. If you added the domain using this method, you should see the option to edit your DNS records through Squarespace. You should also see the Squarespace Defaults preset in the DNS settings.
    • For DNS Connect, you won't see the option to edit the domain's DNS records through Squarespace. You might see "View DNS Settings" if there are missing or incorrect DNS records.
  • If you just connected the domain and all of the settings are correct, give the connection a bit more time : ) As much as the internet is a speedy place, when you edit a domain's DNS settings the changes typically don't update immediately.